Centering.
Focusing.
Throwing off all hindrances.
Going after the goal.
This is part of my year.
As I sat down in the month of January, I knew there were a few things that God was calling me towards this year. One of them was a fitness/mental goal. It's a deep one for me. But this is the next layer.
I've been successful over the years as I've focused on my health goals. But there is still one big block inside of me. As I've been honest with myself and even with God, I've pinpointed that it's mental. It's doubt. Voices from the past. Past failures. And it affects my physical performance in the gym as I reach for the next level.
I'm learning that you can't move forward if that block is there. So I'm courageously facing the voices this year. I was talking to my boss who is personal trainer certified---and he commented that it's actually a really awesome goal. Most people only think physical. Not me. I know how they work together.
So this year is a big year of self talk for me. Bob Harper inspires me. I love how he takes a look at the inner world of his team members on the Biggest Loser. He goes deeper---he takes them into things they don't even know they are battling. The mind and the body work together. And, the body is capable of more than the mind pushes it towards most of the time. I've learned that.
I've been practicing a new mantra this year, and it's one of the other 5 themes of 2012 for me---this one is, "Hell yes, I CAN."---a little of Bob's southern attitude and confidence mixed in there. So you better believe when I'm in the gym in the morning sweating my behind off and going there....there is an all out mental battle going on---answering the no's and the doubts and the past with a bold and unstoppable YES!
So far---I'm surprising myself. Isn't that how God is? If we go there---He is there, too. He is releasing an intense warrior inside of me. A fighter. He wants health for us. He wants freedom for his children. He wants us to overcome and SHINE! We have a unique power in Him.
I love box jumps. I remember the first day Mark told me to jump up on the box. I thought he was crazy. But, I could do it. And now I rock them out. I love them, because they force me to practice confidence and focus. You have to mentally push and think yourself to the top. And your body CAN do it! If you doubt, you won't. But you HAVE TO JUMP! And BAM--there it is...explosive! I've fallen before and all of the weight and momentum of the fall gives me huge bruises. I don't want to fall...but sometimes it happens. But, I know that if I'm focused, and blocking out everything that might take me away from getting my body up there with an explosive impact---I will do it.
I love how this parallels the spiritual journey. Throwing off hindrances. Focusing. Pushing. Forward. To the goal. Answering the negative no's with a fierce and fiery and bold YES!
1 comment:
oh my GOSH this inspired me. hell YES i can. yesssss iiiiiiii cannnn. i still have total chills over my whole body from this post. absolutely electrifying.
Post a Comment