Saturday, February 25, 2012

Be Thou My Vision

I was in Minnesota last weekend for some time away with my family and my dear friend, Mikala.
Sunday afternoon I got 5 hours to myself.  I used the time as a mini retreat with the Lord.
Quiet and still space after a big move and overall busyness in life.
I knew I needed it.

I sprawled out on the bed in the hotel room alone.
I could hear my breathing.
I had my journal in front of me.
Pen in hand.
Finally---time to write out the themes and visions of 2012 (that have been in my head) on paper.
Better February 19 than never.  

In that quiet moment-
I became aware of my surroundings.
And the presence of Light---
I was sitting in rays of light.
As the sun set.  

This Light....
That is in me
That flows from me
That follows me
That allows me to
See.
That is forever enticing me---
Alluring me---
My Companion--
On the Way---
Home.















No comments: