Sunday, February 26, 2012

Movement

Freely moving.  To music.  Or even the rhythm within.  Letting go.  Getting my groove on.  Expressing joy.  Unwinding.  Romance. 

Dance after workouts.  If you read the post before this one, you will see those words show up on my visions and themes for 2012.  My workouts in the morning (I try for five a week) are my time to start the day with the Lord---to find focus...and wake my body up to prepare for the day ahead of me.  This is one of my most favorite times of the day.  This year there is a new fervor and push in the physical realm for me---pushing myself harder with larger goals.  This requires discipline physically and nutritionally and other choices I make.  All for care of my body and soul. 

Well, I love music.  All kinds.  From all over the world.  I also love dancing.  And these days am tapping that place within my soul more than ever.  On the days that I workout at the Biola Fitness Center, I get ready for work in the Coaches Locker Room all by myself.  And I've found that after workouts I've been pulling out random dancing in the locker room as I take down the whey protein shake.  One day I caught myself.  I thought, "What has gotten into me?"  I just busted my butt and now I'm dancing!  What?  Well, it was in that moment that I decided that for 2012, I will dance after every workout.  For a few reasons---heck, it's a good cool down and it's celebratory and it's freedom in a place of relaxation---what a great way to start the day.  So--if you saw that and wondered...what in the world does she mean.  This is what I mean. 

In January 2006 I did a three week solitude retreat, and I believe the theme of that retreat was all about turning my mourning into dancing----I think this is a resurgence and reminder of the deep significance of God's movement in my life.   My soul has been stilled.  I must rejoice. 

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness..."  Psalm 30:11

This year I will be freely moving. 
Finding something in that place. 



1 comment:

Shannon said...

i support this movement!