
“You just don’t cut it.” This is Sheela’s secret. Cutting is not an option. For years I have wanted to grow my hair out, but I’ve never been able to do it. I’ve always been told that I wear short hair really well—so I’ve always just believed that short hair is ALL that I could wear. Well, that is changing. Because of the Sheela Hooper Hair Plan.
Hair. It’s part of appearance. It’s part of personality. Some people care. Some people don’t. Some women get up at 5:30am to do it. Some women throw it back in a messy bun or a ponytail and it’s all good. And some people chop it off on a whim or because they feel the need for change. I have been one of those whim people for most of my life. And in the past year I’ve decided not to be so compulsive in that area, but to try something new…and just let it grow. And wait.
In a big way…for me…this is an act of discipline. Especially through the summer. Thankfully, this summer in SoCal wasn’t so bad. So—Sheela says—don’t cut it. Just let it grow. That doesn’t mean don’t trim it. Trimming is very important maybe every eight weeks or so. It keeps your hair and ends healthy—and believe it or not…makes your hair grow faster. It’s been almost a year now and I’m seeing results. Yes!
Believe me there have been times when I’ve wanted to chop chop and call Andrea Ortiz to have it cut…NOW. And there was one day when I was definitely going to get straight bangs cut. Sheela talked me outta that in like two minutes! But, it’s actually been a good practice for me to just not do it…refrain…and wait and see. Andrea says there are different points in the process. The hardest point is the phase between the chin and the shoulders. I am finally getting there. And I can hardly wait! Whoo hooo! Once it’s past the shoulders I’m home free.
There have been some helpful hints along the way and some that I can’t even believe. But, I have taken up one suggestion: take one prenatal vitamin a day. Yes, even if you’re not pregnant--it’s alright. I’ve shocked a few friends when they walk in my room and see the bottle…it makes for a good joke. It works. Healthy hair and nails. Check!
So far I love it. And honestly, I’ve actually enjoyed the process. It’s been a good commitment as weird as that sounds. But good. To just decide and go for it. So I’m about a year into this and I probably have another year ahead of me. Yes, every once in awhile I’ll see someone walk by me with a super cute short cut and I’ll go a little nuts for about a day. And some days I just feel like throwin' it all back in a pony tail…but I can. It’s all good. I’ll keep you updated! It’s a good change for me.
1 comment:
Yeah! Way to go Charity! I'm so honored to be a part of this process :) You look amazing!
Post a Comment