Joy. Light. Smiles. Risk. Messy. Adventure. Goofiness. Enjoyment. Early Riser. Tenderness. Care. These are the words I think of when I think of Breeana Joy Hooper. I've known her since a few days after she was born. But have had the opportunity to be in her life more closely in the past year. God has used her in my life. There is something about her countenance that lightens my heart. All you have to do is look at her. And there it is--joy.

There are a variety of things that cause this joy. Perhaps she just got done eating and her food is everywhere. Maybe she will walk up to you and say, "Hold You, Me." She might be walking down the steps in a shiny princess dress with a beaming smile on her face. It's possible she will have tears in her eyes one moment with a droopy lip and the next minute she will be giggling with glee. This little one finds complete happiness in horses, or as she endearingly refers to them, Neigh Neighs.
She also finds quite a delight in watching the Adventures of Dora the Explorer and her monkey friend, Boots. She loves it. She also loves the movie, "Up." The more I watch her, I know that this girl is an adventurer herself. And I LOVE that about her. I can't wait to tell her stories about how she was when she was two. I said earlier that all you have to do is look at her and BAM...joy. I mean it. Her bright blue eyes and pretty light colored hair just shine when she looks at you. She has no idea. But, she symbolizes a kind of beauty to me. Even at her young little place in life, her character symbolizes unique beauty and freedom to me. I love to watch her "be." She is a reminder to many of what God has for us. Her way of living and interacting with life even as a child is what He has for us.
As a child she possesses a deep enjoyment of life. She shows this through her love of playing and even relationally with her family. She loves others...a lot. Her top three words are Annie, Mommy, and Daddy. Bree also really enjoys food. Really. And she does so by making a humming noise whenever she is eating. If you are in the room you know that she is enjoying food, because she is making the "I'm enjoying food right now" sound. It is awesome.
Bree is also super funny.
I could write a lot more about her, but for now this is enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment