Friday, December 23, 2011

Today's Theme: Relax

Relax.  That was the key theme for today.  I'm tired!  So today we just spent time at home, did a little shopping...and cooked...and shared a nice lunch together before Paula and her family left for Asturias.  Jesús, my Spanish father, loves to cook---so he re-taught me how to make paella, a Spanish delicacy---and it was awesome.  One thing about Spanish food that I love is that they eat a lot of fish and seafood!  We went to a seafood market the other day.  I took a few pictures.  I am excited to cook some of the dishes I am learning how to make when I get home!!

This afternoon I got to hang out with Alba, Patricia's six year old daughter.  She has a lot of energy.  For sure.  We watched cartoons in Spanish---which always cracks me up.  Sponge Bob, Strawberry Shortcake, and Phineas and Ferb.  Wow.  Now that is an adventure--in Spanish.  Then we danced and she was squealing with delight.  I enjoy my time with her.  She is a joy.

I can't believe it but tomorrow is my last full day here.  Time always goes by so fast.  But, I am thankful for this time.  I've been doing a lot of talking and catching up on life.  The Paris part of the trip will have a different feel to it I think.  I am blessed to have the chance to reconnect with my friends here.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I hope to write something special as I reflect on Christmas and what it means to me.

Here are a few photos of the day:











 
 

3 comments:

steve said...

pretty cool photos! it looks like that fancy new camera lens is serving you well! I wish we had fish markets like that back here in So Cal.

steve said...

pretty cool photos! it looks like that fancy new camera lens is serving you well! I wish we had fish markets like that back here in So Cal.

Charity Marie said...

thanks stephen! i appreciate your enthusiasm and enjoyment of my photography! it has been fun. the lens is super awesome. the experience has been so cool. can't wait to tell you all about it! i know, huh,---fish markets in So Cal would be rad. i can't even believe all the different kinds of seafood! part of the reason i love spain! see you soon!