Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Catching Up

Hi All!  Today was a great day!  Even though I only slept two hours last night!  My body is struggling to make the time change...which is totally normal...so I haven't taken any naps today...woke at 8am---which is 11pm the night before in Cali.  Was a hard morning to stay awake...but good thing the coffee here in Europe is so good!  :)  Anyways, we went to the Christmas Carol program for the little kids this morning at their school and it was so adorable.  Loved it.  Then we went for a walk along the sea.  Next we went to a seafood market where we bought lots of fish and seafood.  I love fish.  So much.  Yum!  I took some photos but don't have time to post them today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Then I went with my Spanish parents to a little cafe.  We sat outside, had some coffee, and a tortilla española.  This is a traditional thing to do.  We talked about life.  I loved it.  I love just sitting and talking.  Especially with people I care about.  I spent the rest of the afternoon/night with one of my Spanish sisters, Paula....and we talked and talked and talked at a place called La Bodega...which is a small wine shop/restaurant.  We drank awesome Spanish wine with some tapas.  Great wine.  Great convo.  Great night.  It's been forever since we've talked---so the convo was super meaningful.  Great to hear what has happened in the past 20 years.  It was very warm here today and the sea was super super super blue.  I love this Mediterranean Sea.  It amazes me.  I've always loved water....I think this is a gift from God....to be this close to a beautiful body of water.  Loving it! 

Here is a photo from tonight!  Will write more tomorrow.  Am totally enjoying this trip!
I can feel your prayers!  I miss home a little---but am embracing the time here! 



No comments: