Saturday, December 17, 2011

Au revoir

Well, it's finally here!  The bags are packed.  The semester is over.  And, I'm on my way to Europe.  It's time.  And let me tell ya....I'm super super excited.  A few friends have asked what I'm most excited about.  And I've said:  adventuring, see new parts of the world, seeing people I love after 20 years, taking in the culture of Paris, and just resting and relaxing.  I'm sure God has some other things in store for me, too.  I'm just glad I'm going!

I will be updating my blog and my Facebook along the way.  People have been asking--so that is a good place to keep up to date on what is happening.  I leave for LAX on Sunday morning at 6:45am (yep, that's early) and then fly to New York City.  I board an Iberia (Spain's major airline) plane in New York and then we fly over the ocean!  I land in Madrid and then take a hopper flight to Alicante, Spain---on the southeast coast of Spain on the Costa Blanca---along the Mediterranean Sea!  My Spanish parents, Ana and Jesus will pick me up at the airport....and I'll see others in the family later that day.  I will be with them until Christmas Day.  I fly to Paris on Christmas Day in the evening. Europe is 9 hours ahead of California time.  I plan to Skype with some of my friends and family on Christmas and other times! 

I'm looking forward to getting on the plane and just taking a deep breath.  This has been a dream of mine for 3 years.  Dreams do come true.

Look for more in the next couple of weeks!!!


Peace and Love!
Au revoir--

Charity




No comments: