Monday, July 11, 2011

Ruth

I have been listening to a series of messages on the Book of Ruth for the past two Sundays. It is one of my favorite books of the Bible since I studied it in depth at Talbot. I see it as having great meaning and purpose...and it's quite applicable to the life experience of humanity. It is a story that perhaps we all can relate to in some way or another. I am still processing and will write more about it. But today I just wanted to share a song. I think song lyrics say so much. I've thought that since I was a little girl sitting by our record player speakers singing to my mom's old Barry Manilow and Captain and Tennille records. Lyrics became more important along the way when I started writing poetry and words became significant. Anyways...enough about that...here is the song. I'll also post a short interview with the writer and singer.



No comments: