
Packing. I've NEVER liked it. Honestly--definitely not my favorite thing. Some people love it. Me-not at all. I always do it at the last minute. I'm a list maker, so I usually have the packing list. But after that I'd rather just chill. Tomorrow afternoon I have to pack. And I'm trying to get everything into the "don't have to pay anything extra" allowed carry-on. I'm notorious for overpacking--of course--I like my outfits. And a lot of the time I end up traveling to very different climates--so the clothing options, etc. are a must. Ah, packing. No me gusta.
So, what do you take to the lake cabin in northern Minnesota for a week? Well, this is actually pretty easy. You take hang out clothes. You take your swimsuit. You take your sunglasses. A sweatshirt. A hat. Sunblock. Jeans that can get dirty. Your fishing gear. The camera and enough memory cards. A good book. My journal. The corkscrew. The mojito muddler. The iPod shuffle. Pajamas. The fishing license. And really, that is pretty much all. I'll probably bring my computer so I can write on the plane. But I think this should be easier than I was thinking. Totally going to fit in the REI hiking backpack. And off I'll go.

I am super excited to get away. When we were little kids we did this every single summer with our family and grandparents. It is somewhat of a tradition. Going back to the roots. It has been way too long since I've had down time. This summer has been packed full. We need space to just rest. I can feel it in me. I need down time. Being busy all the time and always having something to get done can be hard, especially when you work 40+ hours a week. I'm looking forward to spending some time with all of my family, including the nephews. I can't wait to see how they are at the lake. And see how they've grown.

I leave on a redeye flight direct from LAX to Minneapolis tomorrow night. I don't love redeyes, but it was the best option for me financially and time wise. Ugh. I don't like them though. They mess me up. I'm going to have to get a nap in on Friday before heading to the airport. Anyways, here's to some vacay. We all need some every now and then. I have to go pack. I have some big fish to catch.
No comments:
Post a Comment