Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Art and Wine Night

Art and wine. I love both of them. And I want to keep learning about both of them. Tonight I hosted an art and wine night at the home I live in, and it was awesome. The menu: five different kinds of wine, four different cheeses and crackers, olives, hummus, and Toblerone chocolate. It was a great night. Some girlfriends and women I work with asked me if I would talk a little bit about how I started painting recently and what it means to me. We enjoyed wine and appetizers...my favorite--warm Brie with raspberry jam and crackers. I love all wines...especially reds--bold Zinfandel. I loved this night. They brought their own canvases and we had much meaningful conversation. I love what is happening in this. I love talking about things that matter. I love talking about creation and creating. My third painting is almost complete and when it is, I will write about it. Tonight I got to share a little about what it means and the process behind it--and it was cool. It is good to process. I love nights like tonight. I love to host. Hospitality is one of my gifts. I love spurring others on. I love inspiring and encouraging others to tap the creative spirit within. And I'm totally free to express how that can happen. I am thankful for what God has been doing in me. I can only hope to pass that on. I am grateful for nights like tonight.

No comments: