Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Watering Lives







The other day I found the following words in one of our cupboards. Part of my life journey has been finding out what it is to be a woman. And let me tell you I could write a book about it. I am no feminist--but I do believe strongly that God made us with unique and significant purpose. I'm glad I've given time to knowing myself deeply--and journeying into places that have revealed why God made me the way I am. There are a few places in my life in which I am surrounded by many men. Most days I feel my female-ness in some way or another. And each day I see more and more why he created woman to be a complement. I'm thankful for women who have walked with me, been my friends and confidants and teachers. There have been women who have impacted me for life. I only hope I can pass on that same gift.

"Woman"


You are a strong, confident,
intelligent being.
You are a leader, meant to nurture
and be nurtured.
You are a vision of love, nature at its best.
But to no surprise, you are not perfect,
Yet you find the will to bless everything and
everyone you touch.
You have the power to create,
You form an idea and make it into reality.
In the depth of your soul you are truth itself.
You walk with your fellow woman,
Giving of yourself and increasing her strength.
You put self to the side and have developed the
passion it takes to water lives
and watch them grow.
And on top of everything
you've learned to pick
yourself up after a fall.
You are woman!























No comments: