
The past week has been full. The biggest news is probably that someone in the house had a birthday! Emily turned 4 last Friday. The festivities included a castle jumper, mashed beans per her request (a family favorite), a chocolate torte (Miss Tessa's favorite), and much fun to be had by all.
I've been thinking about Emily this week off and on. I notice her a lot. I think it's because she's little. In a house full of bigger people---she is the littlest. She often needs help. She often has to make herself heard. And she often does things that she's not supposed to. Like cutting her hair randomly. But she is so darn cute.
Emily is a lot like me. We both love red. We both like purple. We both like lip gloss. We love chocolate. We love to bake. We enjoy painting. We like necklaces. And at the same time we like action figures and comic book heroes. What a mix. But I love it.
Emily reminds me of who I am. A woman who was once a girl and still is in many ways. A woman who is drawn to strong men who battle evil and face their fears. And a woman who enjoys the little things in life. I love her little perspective of the world. Sometimes I just like to sit with her. And watch. And listen. And talk to her. I learn so much. And am reminded of what I need to remember. And am blessed.
Happy Birthday Emily Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment