
Tomorrow it's back to the gym. I LOVE THE GYM. But, because of life lately, I just haven't been able to get in there. Which actually hurts inside. And today, I learned that it has HURT my health. Time to turn that around.
My back has been killing me for the last three weeks. Ever since I moved for the 11th time since I've lived in Cali. Back pain is SO not fun. Ugh. I even hate writing about it. Anyways, this morning I saw a chiropractor...the second in two weeks--and he told me that I am carrying TOO MUCH STRESS. He also told me that this pain wouldn't necessarily go away unless I find ways to de-stress my life. Too much cortisol is not my friend. He felt my neck and back and determined that my lower back was spasm-ing and my neck was all out of whack---caused by high stress. Looks like I will have to start scheduling more massages into my monthly routine. I'm ok with that. It was good that this all happened today because it stopped me in my tracks and made me evaluate life and how I've been running ragged lately and pushing myself like crazy in all areas. It is time to slow down and take care of me--again.
I used to have back problems until I started working out on a regular basis about 5 years ago. The daily exercise helped to balance me out. It also helped to manage stress and different chemical levels in my body. Since I haven't been in the gym regularly in order to get into work early, etc...the back pain and stress has come back.
I am motivated. And feel like there is even more reason to get in there now. I am excited to get back at it. And I am the queen of discipline--so it's time to exercise that daily, too!
I LOVE TO SWEAT! My time in the gym is MY TIME. We need space like that in our lives. I'm soooo glad that this season of busyness in the office, etc....is coming to an end. It's time to get pieces of myself back. One of my friends and colleagues, Phillip Wallace, calls me "The Animal" in the gym. I walk in there tomorrow with that mentality. Getting my iPod shuffle playlist ready right now. Here I come! Watch out!
No comments:
Post a Comment