Monday, July 25, 2011

Making Right

Hey y'all! It is Monday that is for sure. Mondays kick my behind. Always. Anyways--I am working on something that I've wanted to write for awhile...a little piece on the importance of the Book of Ruth. It is one of my favorite books of the Bible. I've been studying it more over the summer and I am excited to share what I've learned with you. It is taking some time to write, though. It takes awhile to put all of your thoughts together--my own and what I've gathered from 4 sermons I've heard from different people over the last year. This has been brewing inside....and I think God is giving me new perspective and understanding of why this book needs to be read, studied, discussed, and taken in. There is so much of real life mixed into this short book. I'm excited to share, but I am trying to work on it tonight--so perhaps sometime this week you will see it!

I leave Friday for vacation with the family at a lake cabin in Northern Minnesota. I'm looking forward to relaxing and spending time with everyone. I don't get to see them very much. We have fun stuff planned. I hope to catch some big fish. It's been so long since I've been out on a boat. Minnesota is gorgeous in the summertime. I'm taking my camera--don't you worry!

Anyways, for today....I'm going to leave you with the lyrics from a song that will get you ready for some of the things I'm going to put on the table with my thoughts on Ruth and Naomi. It is a story of real people who experience trial, struggle, loss. It is a story of raw emotion. It is a story of hope. It is a story of God's presence and a plan. His amazing redemption. Taking messed up stories...pasts that we'd like to forget....regrets...etc...and He reverses it all for his good and the good of his children. I can't wait. Watch for it in a few days.

Anyways...here are the lyrics--I would post the song, but I can't find it anywhere to post.

Great Redeemer
By: Brian Wurzell

Great Redeemer
Take our weakness
And show Yourself strong
Show Yourself strong

Great Redeemer
Making right
Out of all we made wrong
All we have made wrong

You bring light to the shadows
And life to the grave
Grace to the sinner
Beyond hope to save

In your love
Nothing but surrender is required
Fixing all the broken people
Renewing the tired

Oh

Great Redeemer
Take our weakness
And show Yourself strong
Show Yourself strong
Great Redeemer
Making right out of all we made wrong
All we have made wrong

All the weak and ruined
Broken and crushed
Have no hold upon you
You brought life from dust

The failure that’s looming large
To block out all our sight
Is ripe with potential
For Your perfect might

Great Redeemer
Take our weakness
And show Yourself strong
Show Yourself strong
Great Redeemer
Making right out of all we made wrong
All we have made wrong

Your power is made perfect
In our weaknesses
You find the seed of peace
Within our differences
Your grace is sufficient
To bind broken hearts,
Lord, more than what you do
Redemption is part of who you are.

Great Redeemer
Take our weakness
And show Yourself strong
Show Yourself strong
Great Redeemer
Making right out of all we made wrong
All we have made wrong



Blessings and Love!

No comments: