
I love making things. And completing projects. And giving gifts. Etc. Well, about a year ago I started making magnet boards/frames. I've probably made about 20 at this point in time! They are so awesome. My friend Katie Powell taught me how to make them. She is a crafting queen! They are super easy to make and they are useful.
You can use them anywhere. I have one in my bedroom and one at work. I know women who have them in their kitchens for recipes or pics of the fam. They add a nice flair to your office space if you want to display personal pictures or even encouraging notes/quotes to bless you throughout the day. I like to keep my "Target" shopping list on the one I keep at home as well as little poems I love. I also keep a photo of my little nephews on mine--because I don't get to see their adorable faces very much for real because they live in the Midwest...this way I get to see them everyday. Anyways. I just wanted to show you the recent completed project. I made some of these fabulous magnet boards for some women who work with me as gifts. They deserve them...they work so hard!!!
First of all....how to make them. Second some photos.
Items You Need:
-a 12X12 or whatever size frame you want to use. It can be any size really. If I don't like the color of the frame--I sand it and stain it. In the photos I stained the brown ones.
-a piece of decorative paper that you like to fit in the frame. If I'm making it as a gift I like to get paper that fits the personality of the recipient!
-a piece of thin metal (tin) that will fit in the frame
-craft super glue
-approximately ten little round magnets (you can buy them cheap at JoAnn Fabrics)
-approximately ten colored buttons or beads that will fit on your magnets
The Process:
1. Sand and stain the frame if you don't like the color it is. Do this first so it can dry. You may have to do two coats and let it dry overnight.
2. Some craft stores sell the metal already pre-cut to the size of frames. I used to get mine at a store called Tall Mouse, but they don't sell it anymore. I bought a big piece of metal at Home Depot. They wouldn't cut it for me when I asked--so a friend helped me cut the pieces I needed with an angle grinder! Thank you, James Calley!
3. Lay your round magnets out on a paper plate. Add dots of craft super glue to the top and place your buttons or beads on top. This will make your magnets. Let these dry overnight so the glue has fastened securely.
4. When your frame and metal is ready to go--you can put it together. Take everything out of the frame--even the glass. You can throw the glass away--you won't be using it. Now assemble the magnet board. With the frame turned over (so you are looking at the back side) insert the paper (you may have to trim it if it's scrapbook paper so it fits), next insert the metal, next insert any padding or mattes that came with the frame (it will hold it securely when you put the back on), and finally fasten the back onto the frame. You are almost finished!!!
5. Finally---put your magnets on the board! VoilĂ ! There it is! Do you love it?
6. Now decorate it with little pieces of you! And enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment