Thursday, July 21, 2011
Finishing
Finishing projects feels good. That has been the theme of my week. For the past few months I've had a few projects I've been focusing on and working on. The first one is my third painting. It's a diptych (so it has two parts). It is almost totally finished--I have one small step left. I'll write about it this weekend. But...it has been such a process and much time, energy, thought, effort, and heart has gone into it. It means so much to me. I finished the painting late the other night completely. Now I just have to hinge it together. Photos coming soon! The other project was the magnet boards that I blogged about earlier this week. It felt so good to finish them and give them as gifts finally! And last but not least---the Biola IT Asset Inventory--something that has been in the works since April. May, June, and July are really hard months for me at work in my job. We are processing so many orders for the university...and there is much to track! I basically don't know where the past three months went. But now August is almost upon us. Wow. Anyways, after spending many hours looking up receipts and playing around with spreadsheets and dealing with details of purchasing technological equipment---three spreadsheets later filled with much info--I'm done. Praise the Lord! When I press "send" on that email, I always feel such relief. It's like finishing a book. It's like finishing a race. It's like reaching a destination. A clear slate of a new year can start...at least in my job. So--this week I am feeling much accomplishment. Much hard work and time has been spent over the past few months to work on these projects. Now, I feel like I get a little space to breathe and perhaps enjoy a little of the summer! It seems a little late, but at least there is still some of it left! So, I guess today's blog is just a statement of celebration. This all feels really good. My stress level is going down. I am sleeping better at night. I feel like a huge load has been taken off of me. And, now I have another painting, too! Finishing projects. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Love it! Definitely deserves a mojito.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment