
I totally love Saturday mornings. My favorite morning of the week. I also love breakfast. So...put them together with a strong cup of coffee--and you have my favorite meal of the week. Saturday breakfast.
Ever tasted something and you just couldn't believe that it tasted as good as it did? Well, these pancakes pretty much rock my whole entire world. I love them. Hands down the best breakfast in my life. The recipe has been passed down from a few of my girlfriends. I've made them for brunches for large groups of people and for my housemates. One time I had to take the recipe X 6 because I was serving so many people. They are always a hit. Add a little fresh fruit and the ever popular whipped cream on top and you have a winning breakfast. Yummers!
Swedish Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients:
2 C oatmeal
1/2 C flour
1/8 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
-------
2 C buttermilk
2 beaten eggs
1/4 C melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big bowl. Blend in the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes or refrigerate. **The batter will get thick (because the oatmeal absorbs into the liquid.) Don't add liquid.
After 30 minutes, make the pancakes on a griddle or a pan on the stove. Use a little Pam for the first round to make sure they don't stick to the pan.
Top with butter, hot syrup, cut up strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream--OR any other topping of your choice!!!
ENJOY!


No comments:
Post a Comment