Monday, June 06, 2011

Not Impossible.

The list of things we'd love to do someday before we die. We all have one even if we haven't written anything down. Last Friday I got to cross something off of this list. I went to a LA Galaxy match and got to finally see David Beckham play in a starting lineup. It was everything I expected AND MORE.



A few notables:

*Soccer starting players do not run out onto the field like football players--they walk out respectfully and confidently in a line behind the captain. I haven't ever seen a starting lineup announced, because I have never been in the stadium on time. They walked onto the field behind #23--and when they got to the middle he waved. It seemed kind of royal.

*At one point he got tripped by the other team. He got fired up and played hard. Don't trip Beckham. He will bring it.



*The man can be rugged or clean cut and look good. He's got a special and unique style to him. He can pull the tatted up, sweaty, and five o'clock shadow look or the clean shaven, product styled hair and black suit look. Both=amazing.



*He's an athlete. He knows discipline. He has practiced to get where he is today. Automatic mad respect from me.

*He and his wife Victoria were invited to the Royal Wedding. What?!?!


*He is British. If I ever saw him on the street and he spoke one sentence to me, I would probably faint. !!!

*He has played all over! Los Angeles Galaxy, Manchester United, Preston North End, Real Madrid, and A.C. Milan.

OK. So as you can see---it was quite the night. Even though the match ended with no score. A dream came true that night. Might seem insignificant. But it wasn't. It was important. Oh, David Beckham...from your killer bending freekick to your Hebrew "Beloved" tattoo--you are one of a kind! I've been to many futbol games, but this one was different.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
(David Beckham)


See David Beckham play a whole soccer match live. Check! Brilliant.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

awesome! love it!