This is a part of Michelangelo's piece called The Creation of Adam. I found this online. It's a cropped version of just the hands. Powerful.
Hands. I've decided that I have so much to say about hands--so I will just keep continuing posts about them for a few days! Kinda fun. Anyways--today I FINALLY found some space in my week to journal and just be quiet. It has been an insane week. I was reminded that I DO need to take my quiet spaces to feed the introvert in me and to just rest and refuel. Life will just keep passing by if I don't! Anyways, I am looking forward to this weekend.
I wanted to share a little prayer from Teresa of Avila. I love her.
You Are Christ's Hands
Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours,
no feet but yours,
Yours are the eyes through which to look out
Christ's compassion to the world
Yours are the feet with which he is to go about
doing good;
Yours are the hands with which he is to bless men now.
No comments:
Post a Comment